Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day Twenty Seven

Yesterday I felt so tired and weak so I ate an apple and a small amount of baby spinach with olive oil and lemon.
It was too late to juice and I was so exhausted from training. I needed iron bad so that is why the spinach.
Felt better after this and it was the right thing to do.
Not sure if this means my fast has been broken? Maybe just interrupted.

On the Raw Food lifestyle. I have been researching more and discovered that there are so many different styles of this lifestyle. Some are strictly vegan, while others consume raw meat, fish, eggs and dairy (yogurt).

It is always best to be in tune to your body and listen to it's needs.

As with living a raw food lifesytle it is my perception that everything should be in moderation and a strict raw diet is not for everyone. Certain nutrients are not bio available in some foods when raw, for example the lycopene in tomato's is not released until it has been cooked.
Personally, I need to continue to eat legumes, grains like brown rice and quinoa cooked and I think there is room for that. Things like fish (which I love) need to be cooked as well, the risk of parasites and other nasty things are higher when fish is consumed raw, and I don't like raw flesh.
As an athlete, I require good sources of lean protein and when I was training in ice dance 25+ hours per week I got my protein from legumes, fish, nuts and yogurt mainly and this was perfect for my body. I know that some athletes are fine on raw food alone with no animal protein at all but I don't think it's for me.

All things in moderation.

I really, really miss working out, training my muscles...god it feels like forever since I pushed a weight. I want to get back at it next week so I am going to have to figure out some source of protein. Maybe hemp powder in a smoothie.
Looks like I'm going to start coming off the fast for real after day 30. My body is saying enough.

I am now wearing a size 7 jean! Before the fast I was at a size 10. Bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment