Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day Twenty Five

15 days left!

Feeling amazing today. Very active day, with clients and then cruising all over downtown (on foot). There's a real buzz going on in the city right now building to the Olympics. Busy busy.

Yesterday I was feeling kind of weak towards the end of the day and had the feeling I needed some iron. I went out to buy black cherry juice (good source of iron) and ended up buying prune juice of all things (also high in iron).
Prune juice has a laxative affect on the colon. SO I decided to drink the entire litre throughout the late afternoon into the early evening and yup it's a powerful laxative! I'm certain whatever was left in my colon has been dealt with!

Made a big mistake today.
Woke up this morning and didn't feel hungry so I just had lemon water and cayenne, did 7 or 8k with my client and then more running around. By 2pm I needed something but was not home and decided to grab a carrot and beet at this Jugo Juice place as there was no other option. When I asked if they used organic produce and the answer was no... went ahead anyways as I was in a hurry and had a lot of leg work ahead of me.

As I watched the girl make my juice she pulled out carrots the size of baseball bats and I knew right then this was GMO (genetically modified or as I like to call it "frankenfood") produce and trouble was in my immediate future.
Oh well what can you do, right, I'm thinking it can't be THAT bad.

Let me say this, it didn't taste nearly as delicious as my organic juice and left a funny bitter after taste in my mouth and throat. EEEEW. Then about an hour after taking it I started to get a headache and felt kind of icky. I haven't had a single headache since the beginning first couple of days on the fast.
Seems like it would have been better just taking in water and waiting to get organic or make my own.
When I am out and about I always get my juice at Capers/Whole Foods, it is organic and cheaper than that stupid JJ place! CRaZy.

Made a new combination tonight that I absolutely loved...celery, parsley, apple, lemon. DIVINE. I used about 10 celery stalks, a big bunch of parsley, 1 granny smith apple, 1 lemon (with rind). That's a great savory tasty green drink. BTW that made 16oz's.

Another new fav is granny smith apple and lemon...so yum. I used 6 apples and 1 lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment