Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day Six

A noticeable change today... I am requiring less sleep. I wake up after 5 or 6 hours of sleep feeling fully rested and really amazing. No foggy mornings. It’s clear and bright.

My energy levels are through the roof as well resulting in an inability to get to sleep before 1 am. We’ll see if this is constant over time.

Last night while trying to force myself to sleep I could feel my cells vibrating, like a buzzing feeling through the body. I am guessing that I am tuning into the energy circuitry in my body and feeling the impulses in all my cells. Now that the body is not so busy dealing with food it can heal and regenerate the cells more rapidly.

Fasting frees the body to expend energy on deep healing and cleansing of toxins in our cells that have been there since birth. The longer the fast (over 21 and up to 40 days) the deeper the affects of the detoxification and regeneration.
You could compare it to re booting a computer, or better reformatting the hard drive and starting fresh.

When not overworked trying to digest and assimilate all the foods we eat daily it has time to focus on other areas of the body and intelligently goes into self healing mode.

The body feels quiet and very in tune.

Symptoms today, nothing. No headaches and no aches and pains.

Clarity.

Consumed today: Blueberry Pomegranate juice (all natural no sugars or weird chemicals added) mixed half with water. Upon waking.
The usual, 3-4 liters of H20, Herbal teas, Carrot and Beet juice.

I’ve pretty much decided that I am going to consume some fruit and vegetable juices in my fast because I am so active. Looks like I will be getting a juicer from a friend of mine so that’s sweet.

Liberation
Something profound is occurring in only 6 days.
I am in control of my body.
There is a sense of lightness and all the pain in my shoulders is gone, as a matter of fact there is no pain or tight muscles at all today.
Also noticing a slight increase in muscle definition.

A side note: today I was intuitively guided to a book on Ayurvedic living, it's called "Dhanwantari, A complete guide to the Ayurvedic life" The authors name is Harish Johari.
Dhanwantari is the Hindu god of Medicine.



I picked up the book and the first page I flipped to was Chapter 10 - Fasting: Reprogramming the Organism.

Love the Intuition!

"The recommended term for a healing fast is 7-40 days. Seven days is the minimum period required for clearing the immediate effects of other foods from the system: three days to complete digestion, three additional days to cleanse chemicals from the bloodstream, and the seventh day to enable the system to attain equilibrium.
The optimum time period is from 21-40 days. Fasting for this timespan not only cleanses the system, but allows the digestive tract ample time to recuperate from the damage inflicted by poor eating habits, overindulgence in alcohol, excessive sexual discharge, irregular life schedule, and chronic disorders such as gastritis and indigestion." (Page 117,Chapter 10)


***One more thing, I do not take any pharmaceuticals or other drugs. I thought this important to mention as that would alter the cleansing effect, producing more wild detoxing symptoms.
Doing a 40 day fast is not for everyone, and is certainly not something one would do having never cleansed before and/or if someone has serious medical condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment