Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day Twenty

Wow! It's day 20. I'm half way there.
I skipped a post yesterday. Hit a cleansing low and was feeling irritable, tired, sluggish and generally off. Old fears surfaced for clearing and that's never pleasant.I guess a deeper level of healing occurred causing these symptoms. I slept last night, hours and hours.

Today I feel fantastic and well rested...ready for the next phase of the fast. This is the time when the body goes deeper (the next 10 days) and finishes the job.

Must admit I have been really cold the past few days and it is uncomfortable. I really want to eat something warm and I am getting tired of juice juice juice juice juice. These feelings come and go.

Discovered a Raw food restaurant today downtown and it's sweet. Gorilla Food... I love this place already even though I have not eaten there...went today and had tea, chill atmosphere and good menu. Raw food is so creative. There is a raw version of almost anything you can have cooked and some of it is even served warm. This place will be one of my first dining experiences in 20 days.
Another discovery is that I can have red wine on a raw diet, organic of course. This is good news for social reasons and because I love red wine.

My biggest concern about doing the Raw lifestyle is getting cold, but I will be eating fats and all so I think it's going to be very different from fasting. Been collecting a lot of yummy recipes for raw crackers, flat breads,and tortillas. I have to have nachos and I have to have crunchy things.

Anyways, I don't expect perfection in my diet and I am OK if I eat some cooked food occasionally. As long as my diet mainly consists of living foods that is good.

Otherwise today was productive, gym, yoga, preparing the Feb Newsletter, planning etc.

Carrot and beet in the am, beet, carrot, cucumber, celery in the pm, lots of hot broth and teas and water.

1 comment: