Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day Ten

Today was really good. Had tons of energy all day and then hit a slump around 7pm.
Went the beach this morning to get some sunshine…was an absolutely gorgeous day.
While training a client today I did some squats with him (no weight) just to see how it would feel and it felt good.

Discovered why I was so damn hungry yesterday as compared to earlier days…the carrot/beet juice. It’s so sweet and makes me hungry. I need to mix it with other veggies to balance it out.

Another thing I haven’t been doing is cayenne pepper in my lemon water. I’m not doing the master cleanse which is lemon cayenne and maple syrup but I do drink a lot of lemon water. Last night I made a batch and added the cayenne. Cayenne pepper suppresses the appetite so my hunger went away last night and didn’t come back until the morning. That helps.

Consumed today…carrot juice 16oz and a *veggie juice 16oz, water and herbal tea.

*The veggie juice recipe
lemon
celery (I stalk)
cucumber
¼ avocado
red onion
water
cayenne pepper

I think the veggie juice was a mistake, I didn’t feel that great after… really full and kind of tired. It tasted super yummy though. Have a feeling the avocado and onion were not the best thing for a fast! Trial and error. I found this recipe somewhere and it sounded so good…maybe when I am not fasting.

Need a solution to the juicing thing. I love the carrot and beet but it is so sweet and spikes up the insulin levels in the body and can cause hypoglycemic reaction.

Tomorrow I am just having lemon cayenne water.

My body feels really great, no tension and even the tightness in my hamstrings (my problem area) is almost completely gone.

Today at the gym I could barely stand the smells around me. My sense of smell is so acute that I smell everything. Kinda gross…rather not smell peoples sweat, B.O.

Overall I feel light energetic and free! It’s much easier to stay clear and focused and I really enjoying the richness of each moment.

I can tell that this process is healing deep layers of my body and my soul. I am much calmer.


*Side note ~We eat WAY too much food in the west, it’s beyond ridiculous. To maintain a healthy body and appropriate weight we don’t need that much food. We’re not meant to be fat and it’s killing us.

Most peoples diets are crap, fast food and over processed chemical laden junk. It’s no wonder there is so much disease.

The North American disease...gluttony and greed…two of the seven deadly sins right?

No comments:

Post a Comment