Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day Eight

Easy day, lots of energy. A friend of mine who hasn't seen me since the day I started said I look “all shiny”. That’s cool. I feel “all shiny”.

Nothing major going on today, rainy windy unpleasant Vancouver day.

Energy started to drop in the early evening and was feeling a little grumpy that I can’t eat and missing my coffee.

My body doesn’t want the food that my mind wants.

It’s like meditation…the mind is having its thoughts, in this case thoughts of food and the higher self keeps stepping in to bring the mind back into focus.

Random things were popping into my head like hot buttered popcorn. I could see it, smell it and taste it.

I don’t eat butter, it hasn’t been part of my diet for more than 20 years.

That was the biggest challenge today…thoughts of food.

*According to Auryveda, no sexual activity during a long fast. I understand this however I have not followed it. I can say that my libido is slightly lower than normal but I think that is because of the calm and quiet in my body that doesn’t want to be disturbed. I’m not sure I can follow that one. 40 days without food is one thing but the other…maybe not. I can abstain but don’t want to. Play that one by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment