Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day Twenty One

Day from Hell.

This was the first day since the start of my fast that I wanted to eat, and almost broke down. I felt extremely hungry, was lethargic most of the day, spacey and generally uncomfortable. Not eating was making me feel soooo cranky and irritated.

I was at a Vegetarian restaurant with a friend and considered ordering a salad. I just couldn't do it. When I break my fast I want it to be a planned day and I want to do it right...gradually starting with a fruit and maybe some veggies. Not in a restaurant.
I had shitake mushroom broth while he had a spinach and mushroom pita pizza. Funnily, I was not even attracted to his food and the idea of all that cheese in my body did not produce a good feeling. WOW! The former me loved cheese.

All day I had to fight this feeling of wanting solid food. While making a juice I took a bite of a carrot, chewed it and chewed it and then spit out the pulp. Chewing was satisfying enough. Maybe that's what I need to do when these intense feelings arise. I learned that trick from the 92 day Juice Feast guy. Apparently the desire to chew is common when fasting for extended periods.

Now I am playing it by ear...I have the goal of reaching 30 days of juice only because it is in the period between day 21 and 30 where the deepest tissues in the body are cleansed. If I still feel as I did today by day 30 I have decided to break my fast for the remaining 10 days by eating watermelon and some veggies maybe carrots and celery.

Been getting comments on the changes going on in my body, people seem to really notice it in my face. Someone told me that I went from "looking" 28 to now looking 24! hahaha!! He knows my real age!! I love it!

I'll say it again...raw foods and fasting is the fountain of youth.

The body looks lean and fit and some of my clothes are too big now. : )

Pretty much having 2- 14-160z veggie juices (carrot& beet variations) a day consistently, one in the morning and one in the late afternoon. That seems enough to keep nutrients going in and to maintain a high level of fasting. Drinking a lot of vegetable broth to keep warm, water and herbal teas.

No comments:

Post a Comment