Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day Seven

Well it's day 7... hard to believe it's been that many days. I'm feeling really great. My massage last night left me tired so I went to bed kinda early and slept a long time. Very restful and deep sleep. I don't feel any hunger whatsoever and feel normal.

Apparently my fast is causing some reaction in people. One of my family members sent me an email this morning in reaction to my journey. She is very worried about me.

I need to say this...I am not Starving myself! I am doing a controlled fast for 40 days. This has been done before by many people on earth and they did not die. I can stop whenever I want, no one is forcing me to do this, it is my choice for spiritual reasons (self-discipline, heightened awareness). If at some point I feel it is not serving me I will stop the fast. It's all good and I am happy.

*There will not be weekly photos of myself because this is not necessary*

Today...
There hasn't been any decrease in my muscles and I have not been doing my yoga daily (bad). Aside from a lot of walking and yoga I haven't done anything, at the gym I am only practicing yoga no weight training...that would kill me. My energy levels are good and I tend to need a nap in the afternoon but that is not out of the ordinary for me to fade around 3-4ish.

In terms of actual weight loss who knows, I don't own a scale and don't remember the last time I weighed myself...because I don't! My doctor does it and she only sees me every few years. I can say that I feel leaner and tighter and my skin is even softer than it was before...like butter soft.....BABY skin!

I really like the way my body feels from the inside out and feel much more in tune with it and at the same time separate from it. I am not my body.

Tranquil

2 comments:

  1. As I sit here, tremors more than I have had since being told i have Parkingson's. Like you I have made dramatic changes that not all my friend's understand. it is real and i appreciate your vision. z

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet Zack, thank you. It's sure true when you take a path other than the norm it gets some peoples backs up. We must forge on regardless of other peoples limited thinking, insecurities and unwillingness to change.
    Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and for being so supportive.

    When I get a chance I am going to look into ways that will help you heal (as per our conversation the other day)...juicing might be the answer.

    ReplyDelete